Get on-the-spot financing at any of our dealer partners
With hundreds of participating dealers throughout Oregon and Washington, Credit Union Direct Lending (CUDL) allows you to choose your car and complete the financing at the dealership anytime, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
After you select the vehicle you want to buy and negotiate a price with the dealer, they will provide us with all the details to setup your loan.
Below are some of the more important things to be aware of when using CUDL.
- This service is FREE to our members! However, the Credit Union does pay the dealer a fee to process a loan for us.
- If a dealer participates in CUDL, they can work with United Trades FCU. Dealers do have preferred lenders they partner with and often times they’ll push you hard to finance with other lenders. It is your choice who you finance with – simply tell them you want to finance with United Trades FCU and if they don’t accept that, call us or show this website that says we do participate in CUDL!
- Don’t be fooled by; “But your payment is less if you finance here!” While one loan option may show you a lower monthly payment with another lender, it may be because they extended the length of the loan and not necessarily because the rate is lower. Compare all the details and dig deeper to make sure you understand what you’re getting!
- Rate Match. Did the dealer say they have you pre-approved at a slightly lower rate with another lender, but you want to finance with United Trades? Ask the dealer for the paperwork for that lower rate and then let them know that we will match the rate and terms for that offer. We have listed the details of our rate matching offer in the Dealer CUDL system for all CUDL dealers to review.
- Be Prepared! Put the sales negotiation power in your hands:
- Get Preapproved with United Trades FCU! We’ll go over the details with you and enter you into the CUDL system to make it as easy as possible when you go to the dealer!
- Pull your own value on the vehicle: Vehicle valuations are public information and free for anyone to use! Go to NADAguides.com > click Start Now > Enter the details of the car you’re interested in and use the clean retail value.
- Add-Ons: Often this is where dealers make their money, so be prepared for them to sell hard on these and go in knowing what you want.
- GAP Plus Coverage: United Trades FCU offers it for $499 and we can wrap the cost into your loan.
- Extended Warranty: The price on these are negotiable with the dealer! United Trades FCU also offers an extended warranty, get a quote from us and see how it compares to what others are offering.
- Be prepared to walk away. If you don’t feel comfortable with a vehicle, the deal or even the dealer – walk away. There is always another dealer and another car out there for you. Don’t settle just because you’re there. Believe it or not, your willingness to walk away may entice a dealer to improve the deal.