The Credit Union is committed to providing its members with financial products and services to reach their financial goals. We are equally committed to protecting our member’s privacy. In keeping with its mission as a not-for-profit financial institution, the credit union only shares information with the ultimate goal of bringing the member greater convenience and more choices. The Credit Union will not sell information for indiscriminate use for profit.
To help protect your personal information, here are a few safeguards
- Avoid sharing account numbers, Social Security Numbers (SSN), Employer Identification Numbers (EIN), ATM, debit or credit card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never store your PIN with your ATM, debit card or credit card.
- If someone contacts you and asks for your account number or personal information, do not share it, even if the person explains it is on behalf of your bank, credit union or other institution. Credit union staff have access to your personal information and will not ask you for it if they initiated contact with you. If you believe the request may be legitimate, contact the institution using a phone number you find in the phone book or a legitimate site online. In cases that you’ve initiated contact, limit the information you share, and confirm why it is needed.
- It is important the credit union has your current telephone number, mailing address, and email address. If we suspect fraudulent or unauthorized activity on your account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If you have an update to your information, contact us at 503-283-5193.
- Regularly review all financial, medical and benefits statements for unauthorized transactions, activity or changes. If you discover something suspicious, report it to the institution immediately.
Facts: What does United Trades Federal Credit Union do with your personal information?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the accounts or services you have with us. This information can include:
- Name, address, Social Security number, and income
- Account balances and transaction history
- Credit history and credit scores
When you are no longer our member, we will not share your information except as permitted or required by law as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons United Trades FCU chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your information and if you can limit this sharing.
We do share for our everyday business purposes such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus. You can not limit this sharing.
We do share for our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you. You can limit this sharing. Contact Us to opt-out of credit union 3rd party marketing communication.
We do not share for joint marketing with other financial companies.
We do share for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes information about your transactions and experiences. You cannot limit this sharing.
We do not share for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes information about your creditworthiness.
We do not share for non-affiliates to market to you.
Call (503) 283-5193, or write to us at: United Trades FCU, PO Box 2293, Tualatin OR 97062-2293 or visit our website at www.unitedtradesfcu.org
How to limit our sharing
You can Contact Us to opt-out of credit union 3rd party marketing communication. We will accept your request by phone, email or mailed request.
Who we are
United Trades Federal Credit Union is providing this notice.
What we do
How does United Trades FCU protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees and volunteers who need to know the information to provide products or services to you.
How does United Trades FCU collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or apply for a loan
- apply for any credit union service
- you visit our website, provide us information on any online application or transaction, or information you send to us by email.
- use your credit or debit card or pay your bills
- make deposits to or withdrawals from your accounts
We also collect your personal information from others, including credit bureaus or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law only gives you the right to limit information sharing as follows:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
A formal agreement between United Trades FCU and a nonaffiliated financial company where we jointly market financial products or services to you.